Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Working with Medicare and Social Security: Follow-up - 23 November 2021

I got back on the phone to Social Security Bellevue this morning and was on-hold for about 20 minutes.  I retraced my (verbal) steps of yesterday, and the woman on the phone confirmed that the delayed start of Part B into July 2022 seemed odd.  From what she can tell, all the paperwork is in-place to justify a "special start" now rather than the open-enrollment start in July.  The case is under review and she added a case note for the responsible individual.  She was very reluctant to provide a case number or contact, so I am "in line" somewhere.  When the review is complete, I will be issued a new card with new dates and be able to sign up when that happens.  Until then, she said there is nothing for me to do - Part A is automatic and in-force, and any enrollment in the other Parts, including Advantage, are gated on the new date.

Sigh.


No comments: